Ensuring that our customers walk into their new home and are WOW’ED from day one is the goal of everyone at Traditions of America. At each stage, our team works diligently to make the process of building and customizing your home smooth, trouble-free and a great homeowner experience. We’ve developed a tried and true approach to homebuilding. Learning more about our innovative 12 Step Process to Delivering Your DreamHome is an important first step in choosing to Live Better at a Traditions of America community. Here’s what you can expect:
1) Touring your new homesite with your Construction Manager and New Home Counselor is the first exciting step to ensuring that the home we deliver is the home of your dreams. Every homesite is unique. This initial meeting – the Homesite Walk – sets the stage for the ways you can enhance your outside living areas given the grades surrounding your particular homesite.
2) Equally important is the very first design meeting with one of our professional Designers. During the Initial Design Meeting, you will be introduced to the endless opportunities for customization of the finishes and unique features of your home.
3) Next, the fun begins with a series of Design Meetings. Rolling up your sleeves with the Designer is the beginning of a five to nine-month process (depending on the program you choose) where you select both structural and design features for your home. If you want to move a wall, now is the time to do it!
4) At the Pre-Construction Meeting, the Project Manager will meet with you to review the entire building process, introduce you to the construction team, review your selections and confirm the construction schedule.
5) Next up is the Rough Inspection Meeting, which takes place 2-3 months prior to settlement. After framing is complete and utilities and insulation are in place, you will tour your new home to again verify your selections and confirm the completion schedule. At this stage, your home is really beginning to take shape and you can start to see the possibilities for Living Better unfolding before your eyes!
6) The 45-Day Review, which occurs 45 days before Settlement, consists of a thorough home inspection by our construction team. Following the inspection, you’ll receive a letter confirming your move-in date.
7) The Quality Assurance Inspection occurs next where a rigorous inspection of every facet of construction is tested in your new home.
8) During the Energy Inspection & Testing, which occurs approximately 10 days before Settlement, an independent auditor will inspect your home for proper insulation and conduct blower door testing for airtightness. At Settlement, you’ll receive an independent energy certificate based on the results of the testing.
9) Orientation – one week before Settlement! The excitement is mounting as you tour your new home with a member of the Construction Team and your New Home Counselor. All the features of your home will be demonstrated during the Orientation.
10) At the Pre-Settlement Inspection, you’ll do a final walk through ensuring that your home is to your liking and any minor cosmetic items identified along the way have been resolved. At Settlement, you will learn more details about our comprehensive Warranty Program. Move in to your new home!
11) Rest assured, our commitment to quality doesn’t end at Settlement! At the 60-Day Inspection, a Customer Service Representative will meet with you in your home to identify and correct and concerns that may have arisen in your first two months since Settlement.
12) The One-Year Inspection is an additional opportunity to review any necessary warranty work or other questions you may have about what has hopefully become your DreamHome!